The Road Department’s main mission is to improve and maintain Marion County’s road infrastructure. This includes paved and dirt roads.
They also strive to be responsive and trustworthy, so the public can rely on them and know that work will be done efficiently and effectively for the community.
Click Here for the Dirt Road Priority Project List – Updated January 2020
The Water and Road Departments have joined with ClearWater solutions to provide better service to the people of Marion County regarding roads and water.
- Marion County has 180 miles of dirt roads and 170 miles of paved roads.
In order to maintain these roads, the road department is responsible for:
- Repair and maintain all public county roads along with signs and storm damage
- Grading, graveling and addressing drainage issues on public county dirt roads
- Maintaining of trees, shrubbery, and grass only on public county roads
- Laying, cleaning, and maintaining drainage pipes
- Responding to citizens’ requests