- According to Marion County’s Ordinance # 2006-09-12, all occupied dwellings in the county must subscribe to Solid Waste Services provided by the county. The cost for solid waste service is $13.50 per month, per cart. Accounts are billed quarterly at the rate of $40.50 for one cart.
- Additional carts may be obtained at the rate of $6.75 per month / $20.25 per quarter.
- Garbage cans must be placed no more than 24” from the road for pick-up on designated pick up days.
- Customers are responsible for ensuring all contact information is current with the Solid Waste Department.
- Solid Waste Accounts are tied to property addresses. Property owners are therefore responsible for ensuring that Solid Waste Fees are paid.
- Property owners are responsible for notifying Marion County Solid Waste Department if a dwelling is both occupied and unoccupied.
- You may pay for Solid Waste services with cash, check, or money order. We also accept credit and debit card payments in the office and by phone.
- Please make checks payable to Marion County Solid Waste or MCSW.
- Please indicate your account number on all payments.
- Accounts with outstanding balances may be subject to legal action.
- Only GFL/TransWaste receptacles will be serviced.
- Only bagged household garbage may be placed in waste receptacles. Be sure all bags are tied.
- GRL/TransWaste will not be responsible for picking up strewn waste that was insufficiently or improperly bagged.
- Brown (electronics) and White (large appliances) goods may be disposed of at the county dumpsite located at 390 Industrial Blvd (restrictions apply).
- No free liquid (paint containers, jugs with liquid, etc…)
- No tree limbs or stumps, etc…
- Monday – Friday = 7:30am – 3:30pm
- Saturday = 8:00am – 12:00pm
- Sunday = Closed